Corporate events range in nature from meetings with committees to large scale conferences. Hosting and organising a corporate event is a lot of work, with many things to consider and plan for. One of the first and most important elements of planning a successful corporate event is choosing where to host it. Below are some considerations and suggestions when on the hunt for the perfect venue for your next corporate event:
To choose a venue which suits your needs properly, it is important to consider some, if not all, of the following:
- How many people are coming? There are venues which are great for large groups and some more intimate for smaller groups. Choosing space that is too big can actually make attendees feel overwhelmed; choosing a space that is too small can make guests feel crowded.
- Is your event private or confidential? If you are hosting a meeting where there will be confidential or private conversations, it can be important to choose a space that is closed off to the public, whereas drop-in receptions or events are better in open, more public spaces.
- Is the venue accessible to all guests? Knowing who is coming and what their needs are is important as well, as guests must be able to enter the space, use the facilities and be comfortable.
- What’s your budget? Event space comes with a price tag, often an expensive one. Before going to see, or talking with venues and spaces, be sure to know what your budget is, so not to overspend or waste your time.
- Location, location, location. Make sure the venue is accessible to those attending in terms of where in the city or town it is. Try to avoid making guests, especially those who have already travelled from out of town, take a long taxi or car journey to get to your event.